A great Life Skill to teach children is saving money. Learning how to budget, how to spend-save-and-give, and earn money are critical skills.
Here is a simple way to get your kids involved in saving money with coupons.
1. Save the Sunday newspaper coupons.
2. Go to Couponmom.com or a similar site.
3. Decide on your shopping list. The matching coupons will be next to the item.
1. Take the grocery list and find the corresponding coupon and cut it out.
2. Take the coupons to the store with you. Your responsibility is to find all of the items you have coupons for.
3. Third, help put them on the conveyor belt for the cashier and turn in your coupons.
4. Fourth, help pack them in the car and unpack the groceries when you get home.
5. Wait for your Bonus: All the money saved from coupons, is now for you!
This little project may not save you (the mom) money, but it helps to get the kids involved and make the grocery trip a learning lesson!
*I did this as a child too! My mom would pay us when we went to the military commissary. She appreciated the help and we loved the money! Win-win for everyone!
There was no such thing as Extreme Couponing when I was growing up. If you enjoy this, giving all of the savings to your child may not be a great decision!
Just to be honest - I only do this when we have time. If I did this every time we went to the grocery store, I'd never make it!