It was love at first bite for these bars! Even my son who won't eat Cheerios or Craisins ate them! I think it was the added hint of chocolate!
1/2 stick butter
1 pkg. (10oz) marshmallows
8.5 cups Multi-Grain Cheerios (or cereal of choice)
1 cup dried cranberries (we used Craisins)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Microwave butter in large microwaveable bowl for 45 seconds.
2. Add marshmallows; toss to coat.
3. Microwave 90 seconds until marshmallows are completely melted.
4. Add cereal and cranberries; mix well.
5. Add chocolate chips.
6. Press firmly into a greased or foil-lined pan 13x9 inch pan. Cool.
7. Lick the bowl clean (try to share some with your kids).
Our glass bowl was not large enough for all of the cereal so I had to use a deep cooking pot! I also thinking switching bowls helped to keep the chocolate from melting.
Busy Kid Tip: I tried to make these with my youngest on the stove instead of the microwave. It was a disaster! The marshmallows were burnt! The microwave was easier for me to manage and my son enjoyed measuring the ingredients. I did try to salvage the first batch, but had to throw the stinky mess away. Fortunately there was an extra bag of marshmallows on hand!
If I can make them, so can you!
Linking to: House of Hepworths
Labels: Cooking with Kristen