DIY American Girl Doll Furniture. I am always impressed by the parents and children who make their own play accessories. It may be a jet-pack, a costume, or your own doll furniture. American Girl Dolls (click here) themselves are super expensive; however, you have several options for making some of their furniture for great unplugged pretend play. This set would work for any 18″ doll.
- 2 letter A’s – 5.5 inches
- white paint pen
- mini easel / stand
- pink spray paint
- wooden round box -stool is 6 inches wide and 2.5 inches tall
- wooden plaque – 9×7 inches pictured
- wooden round balls
- Glue: We also used E6000 glue to hold it all together. I found most of these supplies at JoAnn Fabrics, click the supplies for affiliate links.
2. Final set all glued together and painted
3. Mini Chalkboard – draw lines on the chalkboard with pencil. Write the alphabet with a paint pen.
4. Felt board – glue a piece of felt on the back on the chalkboard.
|Look what’s hiding inside the doll’s stool…. glasses, a ball, a small etch-a-sketch, and the felt board pieces! I found the glasses and ball at Michaels. The etch-a-sketch key chain toy found at Five Below.|
There you have it! A simple DIY Doll Desk Set for any 18″ doll.
Kristen’s background is in elementary education, crafts and raising boys! Busy kids are those engaged in fun, practical, and purposeful activities in their daily life.