American Girl Doll Furniture you can DIY. I am always impressed by the parents and children who make their own play accessories. It may be a jet-pack, a costume, or your own doll furniture. American Girl Dolls themselves are super expensive; however, you have several options for making some of their furniture for great unplugged pretend play.
I had a great time helping my friend make a fun desk set for her daughter’s birthday. She wanted new furniture and found this amazing site that showed us how to do it (click here: MyFroggyWorld). If you like DIY projects and have little girls, this will pull you in – great photos and videos!
- 2 letter A’s – 5.5 inches
- white paint pen
- mini easel / stand
- pink spray paint
- wooden round box -stool is 6 inches wide and 2.5 inches tall
- wooden plaque – 9×7 inches pictured
- wooden round balls
- Glue: We also used E6000 glue to hold it all together. I found most of these supplies at JoAnn Fabrics, click the supplies for affiliate links.
2. Final set all glued together and painted
3. Mini Chalkboard – draw lines on the chalkboard with pencil. Write the alphabet with a paint pen.
4. Felt board – glue a piece of felt on the back on the chalkboard.
|Look what’s hiding inside the doll’s stool…. glasses, a ball, a small etch-a-sketch, and the felt board pieces! I found the glasses and ball at Michaels. The etch-a-sketch key chain toy found at Five Below.|
Kristen’s background is in elementary education, crafts and raising boys! Busy kids are those engaged in fun, practical, and purposeful activities in their daily life.