I Spy Christmas Ornaments….It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! This I Spy Christmas Ornament is a fabulous gift, just pair it with your favorite “I Spy” book. These are perfect for home or school.
I’m going to call this a craft, but it was really more of a hunting and gathering expedition. Going to the store was an “I Spy” trip – can you find tiny little things that will fit inside of an ornament ball! We had a lot of fun finding the little odds and ends to go in the I Spy Christmas ornament and putting it all together only took a few minutes.
Supplies for the I Spy Christmas Ornament*
- Clear plastic globe (large)
- Fake Snow (don’t get the styrofoam balls, they look cute but don’t work)
- Christmas Buttons
- Christmas assortment: erasers, candy canes, buttons, gingerbread men, sleighs, pom poms
- Christmas confetti (little trees, candy canes, presents)
- paper to use as a funnel ( a real funnel will get jammed)
- Hot Glue Gun (if you’re making this for little friends, glue the top when you’re done)
- any extra odds and end you can find
*You can find many of these items at the Dollar Store and party store if you look early enough. I was able to find the mini presents, confetti, and large ornaments at the Dollar Store. Good deal! Hobby Lobby and Michaels also seem to have a good selection. If you plan ahead, Oriental Trading is a good place to look too.
First, remove the top of the ornament then fill it up halfway with fake snow. Use a rolled up piece of paper to act as a funnel.
Next, insert all of your treasures.
Third, hot glue the cap back on the top.
Finally, attach a ribbon and a tag. You did it! Merry Christmas!
I Spy Books
Walter Wick I Spy Books are popular for all ages. He’s written board books, beginning chapter books, a phonics series, and books for every holiday and event you can think of. Kids LOVE I Spy books!
Posts you might also like…