Cheerio Snack Bars
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 pkg. (10oz) marshmallows
- 8.5 cups Multi-Grain Cheerios (or cereal of choice)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (we used Craisins)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions for Cheerio Snack Bars
- Microwave butter in large microwaveable bowl for 45 seconds.
- Add marshmallows; toss to coat.
- Microwave 90 seconds until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add cereal and cranberries; mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Press firmly into a greased or foil-lined pan 13×9 inch pan. Cool.
- Lick the bowl clean (try to share some with your kids).
Our glass bowl was not large enough for all of the cereal so I had to use a deep cooking pot! I also thinking switching bowls helped to keep the chocolate from melting with the hot marshmallows.
Busy Kid Tip: I tried to make these with my youngest on the stove instead of the microwave. It was a disaster! The marshmallows were burnt! The microwave was easier for me to manage and my son enjoyed measuring the ingredients. I did try to salvage the first batch, but had to throw the stinky mess away. Fortunately there was an extra bag of marshmallows on hand!
If I can make them, so can you!
If you are a huge fan of these like we are, you’ll also love these YUMMY Oatmeal Bars.