Is the Quality Time Love Language your Child’s Love Language?
We’ve been exploring the Five Love Languages of Children. Understanding the Love Languages can revolutionize your parenting. Filling your child’s love tank allows you to teach and discipline in a healthy manner. Children who have full love tanks are healthy and more adjustable.
The 5 love languages are:
The bottom of this post has links to a free love language printable and other helpful articles.
The Quality Time Love Language
Does this describe your child?
- He loves to do things with you: watch a movie, yard work, go out to eat, run errands, or play a game.
- He tries to get your undivided attention.
- He wants to sit next to you or have you watch him while he’s playing.
Mom Tips for a Quality Time Love Language Child:
- Run errands 1:1 together, they can be really enjoyable with just one child in tow.
- Date night/breakfast 1:1, Mr. Busy Kids takes one child out every Sunday before church. Over the years this has become a great tradition. Each child really looks forward to their special Dad Time.
- Make eye contact, take your eyes off your devices and turn your body to fully look at them.
- Ask about their day and really listen to the details.
- Plan special events and trips for enhance family time. I seem to be a better mom and a whole lot more fun when I’m away from my house.
Related Post: 10 Tips For Visiting Legoland Florida
- Family dinner time. Try to protect it and eat meals together several times a week.
- Read together.
- Play video games together.
- Form a bed time routine that works for you. Learn some other tips for investing in your child at bedtime here.
- When you’re having a conversation, listen to them and make eye contact. They want the focus just on them!
Happy Mom Note:
If your child loves Quality Time, invest in them and give them the undivided attention they crave. If attention is what they seek they will go to any length to receive it.
If you are seeking more time for yourself, spend time with your children first. Ten minutes of good quality time, may just give you 20 minutes of uninterrupted time to get your mom things done.
Quality Time Love Language for Parents:
Order your copy of the Love Language Book here>>> The Five Love Languages of Children
Click here for more Mom tips on the 5 Love Languages:
- Mom’s Guide to the Five Love Languages of Children
- Physical Touch
- Words of Affirmation
- FREE Printable Love Language Quiz For Kids
- Filling your Child’s Love Tank
Check out the resources we have on our Five Love Languages Pinterest Board.