Gift Giving for Families with World Vision
If your family is looking for a way to practice charitable giving, one of our favorite causes is World Vision. World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization that helps communities worldwide that are struggling with poverty, disaster, and injustice. I love using World Vision Gift Catalog for those hard-to-give gifts too. Keep reading to find out five reasons to give a gift with World Vision.
Financially Responsible Company
World Vision as an organization has an incredible sense of financial responsibility to their supporters. You can rest easy knowing that each dollar you give to World Vision is used to its full potential. In fact, their website says that $1.00 really equals $1.30 of support. So if your children are using their own money to give a gift with World Vision they can be sure that every single penny they give is going directly to communities and individuals that need it. Financial responsibility is a life skill that everyone needs to have.
In communities stricken with disease, poverty, or disaster they need real, tangible help from humanitarian organizations like World Vision. A quick browse through the World Vision Gift Catalogue is proof that real help is what World Vision delivers. Your family can experience how wonderful it is to give a gift that truly helps someone.
Teaches Social Responsibility
There are so many important life skills we should be teaching our children and social responsibility is one of them. Social responsibility means that we care about what happens to our communities – local and global. World Vision helps kids connect with countries far away and vastly different than their own.
Be a Bucket Filler
If you talk with your children about the 5 love languages you might also be familiar with the bucket-filling concept. Generally, it’s the idea that we all have a love bucket that needs to be filled. World Vision makes it possible for you and your children to give a gift that will fill someone’s bucket – anywhere in the world!
Teaches Give, Save, and Spend strategy
It’s important to teach our kids how to handle money properly. Saving and Spending are pretty easy categories for kids to understand but the Give category can be trickier. Maybe your kids are grappling with how to give their give money. World Vision gives your kids lots of great options for giving. I mean, how cool will it be for your children to go to school and tell their class they gave a goat to a family in Africa for Christmas?
Good to tips to know about the World Vision Gift Catalog
· The Gift Catalog started during the Christmas season in 1996.
· More than 100 meaningful gifts ranging in price from $16 to $50,000 are contained in the catalog.
· There are more than 250 items online at www.worldvisiongifts.org.
· Popular items in the catalog include a goat and two chickens, clothing for children, ducks and medicine.
· More than 30 gifts in the catalog are $40 or less, including items like chickens, job training or school supplies. · We’re always working to keep our overhead rates low. In 2016, 85 percent of World Vision’s total operating expenses were used for programs that benefit children, families and communities in need.
· To place an order, go online to www.worldvisiongifts.org or call 1-855-WV-GIFTS. Hard copies of the catalog are also available upon request.
· Donors can choose to have a card sent in honor of a loved one. Cards can also be printed or emailed from the website at any time to let an honoree know that something special has been done for them this Christmas.