Can you teach your child to be a coupon clipper? Coupons come in many shapes and forms these days: in the mail, on line, apps, and in the weekend newspaper. There is benefit in helping them clip coupons, watch the sales, and SAVE money.
Here is a simple way to get your kids involved in saving money with coupons.
1. Save the Sunday newspaper coupons.
2. Decide on your shopping list. The matching coupons will be next to the item.
1. Take the grocery list and find the corresponding coupon and cut it out.
2. Take the coupons to the store with you. Your responsibility is to find all of the items you have coupons for.
3. Third, help put them on the conveyor belt for the cashier and turn in your coupons.
4. Fourth, help pack them in the car and unpack the groceries when you get home.
5. Wait for your Bonus: All the money saved from coupons, is now for you!
This little project may not save you (the mom) money, but it helps to get the kids involved and make the grocery trip a learning lesson! My kids are always on the look-out now for money saving options.
*I did this as a child too! My mom would pay us when we went to the military commissary. She appreciated the help and we loved the money! Win-win for everyone! This is not something we can do on every trip to the store, just when we have time.