There’s nothing better than LEGO week to explore a creative art techniques at home. We decided to make a LEGO minifigure sun catcher to go along with our favorite book and movie: The LEGO Movie.
Why? Because everything is AWESOME! 🙂
- Black Cardstock or Construction Paper
- Yellow Tissue Paper, half sheet (could be a left over piece too)
- Contact Paper (sticky back plastic)
- optional: 1″ hole punch
HOW TO MAKE A LEGO MINIFIGURE SUN CATCHER
- Draw out your minifigure head. I folded the paper in half and drew half of the head on one side, keeping it symmetrical. (top left picture)
- Cut the head out, leaving a thin black border/outline.
- Unroll a piece of contact paper and peel the back off.
- Mount the cut head onto the sticky part. (bottom left picture)
- Now comes the fun – tear up the tissue paper. Not only is it a fun thing to do together, it’s great for fine motor skills.
- We used our special 1” hole punch to cut out the eyes. The eyes were placed onto the contact paper first. Then, the torn tissue paper covered the rest.
- When every last spot was filled up with paper, we cut around the outside edge to trim off the extra sticky contact paper.
- Time for hanging!
This is a craft that is sure to entice even your BIG kids. Thanks for joining us for another LEGO inspired creation! Let the light shine through your LEGO sun catcher.
Leave a Reply