Minion Mania continues with a no-sew Minion created by my kids.
While this project was child designed, it was really a “mom-helped-me-get-it-done” project!
We didn’t use any crazy materials or sewing tools. Most of it I had on hand, but we did purchase the perfect Minion yellow felt for $.39 cents at the craft store.
- Glue Gun (for tips on how to a glue gun with your kids, click here)
- Needle and thread (yellow, black, purple) *optional
- Felt: Yellow, black, grey, purple, white
- Rubber bands (one for each Minion)
- Baggie of Rice (1 cup dry)
- Black button for eye
- Crazy yarn for hair on Purple Minion
These measure about 6 inches tall.
Minion pieces: teeth, eye, goggle, arms, rice bag (bean bag insert) *no exact measurements*
Overalls: wrapped around the bottom of the minion with additional straps
Roll up the felt and wrap a rubber-band around the top. Then turn it inside out. That makes the top of your minion. Add stuffing and a bag of rice. Then glue the bottom together.
Most of the our Minion was hot glued, but the pocket and eye/button were sewn on by my son. You could glue the eye and just add some additional detail for the pocket with a sharpie. They have received a lot of attention when taken out in public! No one can resist a Minion!