Our Tie-Dye Turkey has been a hit for a long time on this site. I’m happy to say that we’ve expanded to …. Peacocks! I can’t think of a more beautiful bird than a peacock. The colors are exquisite. I have fond memories of seeing one at the San Diego Zoo roaming freely. This awesome project can be done at home, camp, or in the classroom.
How to make Tie-Dye Peacock Feathers
Supplies for Tie-Dye Peacock Feathers:
- coffee filters (click here)
- Crayola Markers: Classic Colors or Extreme Colors (blue, green, purple, yellow)
- blue construction paper for body and orange for beak and feet
- blue feather (optional)
- Royal Blue washable glue (optional)
- disposable gloves
Amazon affiliate links added for your convenience.
Steps for Tie-Dye Peacock Feathers:
- Color your coffee filter. Click here for samples of completed filters.
- Slightly dampen the folded filter. Click here: Steps #1-6 for Coffee Filter Tie Dye
- Draw a body and add details. See our turkey for more examples.
- Glue pieces together.
- Add thumb prints with the glitter glue for spots on the coffee filter. Add a little bit of the blue feather behind the head.
More Posts You Might Like, click on the picture to be taken to the page: