25+ Elf on the Shelf Ideas
Searching for simple and funny Elf on the Shelf ideas? Here’s 25+ of fun Elf on the Shelf ideas organised by week that we’ve done in our house with our Elf, Franklin. These easy ideas will keep the Elf antics going in your home from 1st December until Christmas Eve. I love that they’re all in one place for you to use for planning!
Are you new to Elf on the Shelf? We have created a How Elf on the Shelf Works Guide, just for you. >>> Click here.
At the end of this post we share a little bit more about our history with the Elf on the Shelf. But first, the fun Elf on the Shelf pictures!
DRUM ROLL PLEASE……….. 25+ Elf on the Shelf ideas coming up!
Week One Elf on the Shelf Ideas:
- Elf on the Shelf Arrival in a hot air balloon.
- Elf became part of a snow-globe village.
- He hid in the silverware drawer.
- He drank an Elf Smoothie (sprinkles in a bottle cap with a cut straw).
- Elf hid in plain sight because the wreath matched his Elf clothes.
- Funny Elf on the Shelf road on a reinbeer (reindeer).
- Elf slid down the steps in a slipper (tied to the railing with dental floss).
Week Two Elf on the Shelf Ideas:
- Elf fell feel with his marshmallow pillow and used our tree skirt as a blanket.
- Then he arrived at breakfast on a LEGO Space Shuttle.
- He found his friend Rudolph on the Christmas Tree.
- Rainbow Loom put to good use as a 2-story Elf Bungee Cord.
- Sledding Elf zipped in the next day with a candy sled (Hershey’s and candy canes).
- He also brought a copy of the ELF movie and looked just like Buddy the Elf on the cover.
- Last, but certainly not least, he encouraged the kids to give with a book donation box.
Week Three Elf on the Shelf Ideas:
- He started the week with some Rainbow Looming.
- Zip-lined the two story banister (the bow was just to cover the rubber band around his arms on the candy cane).
- The next day started with some fun messages on our Magnetic Scrabble Board.
- Then, our elf enjoyed making some simple coffee filter snowflakes.
- Elf shared a Christmas message with chalk art.
- It’s getting closer to the Christmas, so he took time to visit the Playmobil Nativity Set.
- Then after sneaking out one night, he got stuck out in the cold!
Week 4 Elf on the Shelf Ideas:
- Elf joined the circus and had a go on the trapeze (candy cane).
- Then, the next day he had a snowball (marshmallow) fight with Mickey Mouse.
- Sadly Elf left with his little suitcases (jewelry cases with pipe cleaners). See you again next year Franklin the Elf!
Bonus Elf on the Shelf Ideas:
- Elf disguises himself as Santa and gives out Christmas wishes.
- Elf has a Nerf battle (popular in our house) with Mickey Mouse.
- Conductor Elf rides on a train around the Christmas tree.
- Elf wears his Super cape – Up, Up and Away!
- He does a late night dash for donuts (cheerios with icing) and a hot cup of coffee (thimble).
- Elf works on his favorite puzzle.
- Elf leaves a goodbye message on the family computer.
Our Family’s Elf on the Shelf Story
Our Elf is just “something fun we do during the Christmas season”. It does not take away from the true meaning of Christmas. We do not have him reporting back to Santa or spying on our children. He’s just fun and funny! We keep all of our Elf activities G rated and he is not used as a reward or a punishment for behavior.