Materials for Mickey:
- Fimo Clay (black, white) *I accidentally used translucent Fimo – that’s why there are little dots in it.
- rolling pin
- orange sharpie
- material for scarf (ribbon, felt, old sweater piece)
How to Make the Mickey Snowman Ornament
Starting from the top right (photo above) and going down:
- Roll out the white Fimo into one large thin piece. You may need to warm it between your hands to get it to roll smoothly.
- Keep your black separate from the other colors. If you have more than one child working on this project, have one work with the white and one with the black. Roll out the black.
- Use a straw to punch holes in the Fimo for the eyes and buttons.
- Use the template from Family Fun and trace around the snowman (white) and the hat (black) with a toothpick. You can cut it out with a sharp knife or a pair of scissors (parent part).
- Add the hat and buttons. Press everything into place. Before baking, use your straw to add one more hole in the top.
- Bake according to package directions. I put the ornaments on parchment paper to protect my cookie sheets.
- We added a nose with an orange Sharpie and a little piece of upcycled sweater for a scarf. Love it!
Voila! Merry Christmas! Thanks for stopping by Busy Kids Happy Mom to learn how to make the Mickey Mouse Snowman Ornament.