Looking for a simple Pop Up Cards Tutorial for Kids? This post says it all in pictures. You can make pop up cards for any holiday, birthday or as thank you notes. Don’t forget about your grandparents, other relatives, teachers, and immediate family. It is important for children to get involved in the making and sharing of love for others.
Once your child knows how to make one, they will hopefully make more!
Do you have a friend who loves gifts? Giving them a card like this might speak directly to their Love Language!
How To Make Fun, Simple Pop Up Cards
Open the card and surprise! It’s a pop up card!
Pop Up Card Supplies:
- Card stock, other heavy weight paper, or blank card sets.
- Envelopes – Tip: Make sure your paper card fits the envelope you plan to use before you get started.
- Craft Glue
Pop Up Card Instructions:
1. Cut two slits into the middle of your card. Go straight from the fold, about 2 inches into the card. If you’d like to have more pop ups, you can add additional slits at varying heights.
2. Push out the middle section so that it stands up.
3. Add a fun little cut-out on the inside. It only needs to be attached to the middle section. You will have a notch on the front, that you may want to cover with a plain piece of paper (see top picture).
For example, cut out a simple love heart like the one for this card and attach it with glue.
4. Done! A cute pop up card that is sure to make the recipient smile!
Like this card? You are sure to love these other card ideas…
“I Love You” Sign Language – Use your child’s hand print to send a loving message.
Ombre Heart Card – Get creative with color in this fun and easy card.