It’s time for STAIR BALL! Too much inside time making your kids go crazy? We are always looking for fun, no-plug-needed activities to play. We love a game or activity that gets us moving. One thing I love about this game is that your child can play it with someone or alone. You only need one piece of equipment and I guarantee you’ll work up a sweat
My 8 year old came up with this awesome game and wants to share it with you. It’s called “Stair Ball”. I like to describe it like volleyball on the stairs.
About the “Stair Ball” designer:
He is 8 years old and the son of the Busy Kids Happy Mom creator. He first invented Stair Ball when he was 4. It is an upgraded version of a game called “BOP Balloon”. He loves to be active, play games, and has loved balls since he was 1!
Stair Ball Supplies:
- 1 set of stairs
- 1 or more people
- 1 large beach ball
Stair Ball Directions:
- If you have 2 or more players, have someone sit at the top of the stairs and someone stand at the bottom.
- Throw the beach ball straight up and then put your hands together like you’re going to hit a volleyball. Then WHACK it to the person at the top. If you’re playing alone, you just hit it to the top and it should bounce right back to you.
- Keep on hitting it and try not to let the ball hit the floor.
- If the person on the bottom misses the ball and it hits the floor, you switch spots with the person on the top.
- Sometimes we do “Worlds Record” (how long can you keep the ball in play) and try not to let it touch the floor.
Mom note: My son LOVES this game! We can all play it and it actually gets your heart rate up! I haven’t noticed any extra scratches on our walls from the balls. My son has been able to engage players as young as 3 and as old as 29 *wink* in the game. Play at your own risk!
For more indoor fun ideas:
Kristen @ Busy Kids Happy Mom